Tuesday, January 03, 2006

White stuff

My world is covered in a powdery coating.

From the neighbor's lawn, to the roof of my garage, to the sidewalks, to the cedars outside my front door... to the shelf just inside my front door, to my living room floor, to the handrail on my stairs, to my bedside table; everything in my life is dusted with a fine layer of white.

Normally I love seeing the view outside my window on a January morning like this one. It's been foggy these past few days and the resulting frost has transformed an otherwise dingy, snowless winter landscape into something magical. Especially at sunrise.

What I don't love seeing is the fallout of installing new drywall in my house. I just can't seem to get on top of that insidious dust. And on a beautiful frosty day like this I'm only reminded of my powder-coated world, of this transitional phase in my life, of waking up with puffy red eyes without even having partied the night before.

I'm looking forward to the dust settling and just moving on with things.

Forward ho.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home